If a guest has not arrived you may notify Booking.com from within GuestDiary.com.
There are rules that dictate when a reservation can be marked as a no-show:
Accommodations may mark a full reservation as "no show" for up to 48 hours beginning at 00:00 (accommodation's local time) on the day after the check-in as indicated on the Booking.com reservation. If the accommodation attempts to mark a no-show outside of this time range, an error will occur. The no-show will generate a cancellation. The booker will receive an email explaining the reservation has been canceled and that the guest will need to make payment of any cancellation cost outlined on Booking.com.
A Booking.com reservation can be marked as no-show in two ways:
- Right click the pill and choose Booking.com Guest No Show. The option will only appear if you can mark the reservation as a no show.
2. From within the booking reports search click the action button. The option will only appear if you can mark the reservation as a no show.
Invalid Credit Card
If a credit card fails pre-auth or is invalid you may wish to notify Booking.com.
There are rules that dictate if a card can be marked as invalid:
Accomodations have the possibility to mark credit cards as not valid if they didn't meet validation conditions (Expired, wrong number, insufficient fund, etc...).
Reporting can be done immediatly after reservation, up until midnight the day of check-in according to the accommodation's local time zone.
Bookers with invalid credit card details will then receive an email and SMS from Booking.com inviting them to provide alternative card information within 24 hours.
A Credit card can be marked as invalid in three ways.
- Right click the pill and choose Booking.com invalid credit card. The option will only appear if you can mark the credit card as invalid.
2. From a booking report search, click the action button and choose the Booking.com invalid credit card option. The option will only appear if you can mark the credit card as invalid.
3. From the credit card details of the guest click the Booking.com invalid credit card button. The button will only appear if you can mark the credit card as invalid.
After 24 hours has passed you will be able to request a cancellation from within the needs attention page.
If new card details are received from Booking.com they will be appended to the new confirmation email and also will be in the usual places on the diary for card details. The needs attention page will also display that new details have been received for a reservation previously marked as having invalid card details.